The areas are Sichuan, Yunnan, Guizhou, Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region and Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Hubei, Anhui, Hebei and Hainan provinces. This is the first time that Tzu Chi has held distributions in Shanghai and Guangxi. They will help 173,000 people, including low-income families, the disabled and elderly people living alone.
In addition, they will include Tzu Chi's aid and long-term care recipients. In Kunming, capital of Yunnan, the aid will be given to the families of low-income students who have migrated from the countryside to the city.
In Pingchang County, Bazhong, Sichuan Province, the goods distributed include rice, cooking oil, cotton clothes, comforters, blankets and kits of daily necessities. The kind of items are adjusted depending on the needs and customs of each region.
As they present the goods to the needy families, the volunteers bow with gratitude. They are giving not only items the families need but also the love of the Tzu Chi family around the world.
Newer news items:
- Former Philippines President Visits Tzu chi in Hualien
- Zero Waste of Food
- Being 80% Full and Using the 20% to Help Others
- Volunteers From 13 Countries Recall the Happiness and Difficulties in 2011
Older news items:
- 1,300 Young People From 13 Countries Celebrate Global Tzu Ching Day
- Relief Mission Cut Short by Kim Jong-il's Death
- Head of Century-old Newspaper Advocating Environmental Protection
- With Master Cheng Yen's blessing, South African to Walk Farther and Longer